Thursday, August 6, 2009

Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes



For my co-worker Christy's birthday, I wanted to make a special dessert. Hongkies are inclined to buy a cake from somewhere... nobody cooks. Kitchens are too small. In general people don't have ovens. And if someone does cook, it's your mama cause you live at home.

I think the desserts here (the Chinese take on Western desserts) is gross. They should stick to what they know. I have come across decent desserts from "western" restaurants, but I thought a home made goody would be a special treat for all of us in the office. Everyone was shocked by my abilities.

Sorry I don't have a recipe for this. I'm not one to read instructions, nor am I one to follow a recipe. I like to look for inspiration and then take my own twist on things.

Basically, take any cheesecake recipe. Instead of making a cake, put it in to muffin tins or wrappers. I threw some fresh CALIFORNIA strawberries on there cause Christy loves strawberries.

Yum!

No comments: