Thursday, February 18, 2010

An Evening on the Darker Side: Shenzhen Shennanigans

It has to be a good night if you need your passport.

Shenzhen has the rep of being a seedy border town. There's plenty of truth to that. People venture into mainland China from here for the cheapo shopping and massages. I venture there for work, to visit factories, and have yet to purchase any fake Fendis.

Shortly after I returned back to HK from Christmas, Cora dragged me to the darker side for mischief. While I was skeptical, I knew I was in good hands, and it ended up being a really fun night. We were in a great hood so unlike HK. Trees... space... outdoor chillaxing... We didn't have to worry about bumping into unsavory characters. We weren't fighting people on crowded sidewalks. And everything was super cheap. Nobody believes me, but that side of Shenzhen is awesome.

Hot pot for dinner, and dim sum the next morning.


No comments: