Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Year of the Tiger: Chinese New Year Homecooked

Hosted by Ailin

It's the year of the Tiger and I need to step up my foodie blog game. Chinese New Year is winding down, and over the long weekend there was lots of Chinese food to be had. First stop is a homecooked meal by my friend Ailin.


Veggies, veggies, lots of veggies and tofu. Life is easier with vegetarian friends. They won't judge me if I don't eat the meat.


Mushrooms and vegetarian abalone.


Pork, chicken, and duck, I think.

It was a nice evening IN, which is a rare thing in Hongkers. When you live in teeny apartments, one must make it out as often as possible to not go crazy. But having a traditional homemade meal was great. We watched the CNY parade on TV and wrapped up the night playing poker.

No comments: