Monday, June 7, 2010

Barista Jam


New coffee shop in the hood: Barista Jam

More after the jump...




Bonus point for any lil coffee shop that's not Starbucks and not Pacific Coffee. Of course they are everywhere and are very convenient, but I am a hardcore coffee drinker and I think Starbucks espresso tastes like tar.


On my Barista Jam maiden voyage, I kept it simple with a tomato & cheese sandwich and double espresso. The bread is the real deal, and so is the coffee.


Another point goes to this place for location. It's kinda tucked away, so I hope it survives.

One beef that I have with these little coffee shops is they don't open early enough for me. Ok, so Asia is a land of night owls, but I have to be up and at 'em on USA time, and I believe coffee should be ready to go long before I am. So, get your ass outta bed and make me some coffee, dammit.

No comments: