Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Real Bread Cafe

Usually I'm drawn to one thing at a restaurant, and no matter how hard I'm tempted during return visits, I always go back to my usual. If you've eaten with me, it's easy to pick up my habits.

If there's avocado on the menu, 99.99% of the time I'll order whatever that dish happens to be. I work down from there.

But I'm pretty sure I've ordered something different every time I've visited Real Bread Cafe. Or maybe it's because I've dined each time under different circumstances.

My first visit was two summers ago. I remember because I had long hair and I arrived sweating buckets. We shared dinnery sort of things. I went again last summer for a hangover brunch (and after chasing a taxi all over town for a friend's missing phone). Followed by a repeat visit for a weekday lunch. So it's one of the few places that I've visited for brunch, lunch and dinner, weekday and weekend.

On this particular brunch visit I opted for something with a strange name, but I got it because there's a little bit of everything.  Some fresh fruit, yogurt and muesli (kind of an obsession), eggs benedict with salmon instead of ham, and a plain and almond croissant.   

No comments: