Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sh!ok

A Sunday in the life of a Hongkonger: Brunch with a friend, a walk around the hood, coffee and reading, pick up a few things at the grocery store. Walk through your door. Try and figure out what's for dinner when another friend finds you and says let's grab some grub.

Since just about all of my friends here are expats, we can use comfort food as a regular excuse to get together. Even if the home comforts are not your own. Ting was craving Singaporean food, and I love to be dragged along in food exploration. So a few of us gathered for dinner at Sh!ok to try it out for the first time.

In my mouth, after the jump...



I couldn't tell you what we ordered cause I left it in the hands of experts, and I don't know the names of the dishes anyway, but it didn't stop me from eating.




It was pretty good but didn't blow our minds away or anything and I guess it's not quite the real deal. So our quest for authentic Singaporean food continues...

No comments: