Monday, March 8, 2010

Taco Truck on Oscar Nite


When a new Mexican joint opens up, people make a lot of noise. For a special occasion such as the Oscars, we picked up takeout from Mr Taco Truck

Off the top of my head I can count like 8 mexican restaurants here, and I'd still rather have Taco Bell.



So here comes Mr. Taco Truck, a little stand in Quarry Bay (kinda out there) and they've got more business than they know what to do with. I guess it's nuts during lunch, their hours for now are limited, and there's no seating. But we can work around that.


For my first Hong Kong Taco Truck meal, I went with fish tacos. Not entirely fair, I know since I've been spoiled with the best on the planet, but it's something I haven't had in a while. And they were ok. The freshly made tortillas were a nice touch but it would have been better if they were corn and not flour. Word on the street is they ran out of stuff for corn tortillas, or maybe they're not making them anymore. From looking at the beef tacos my friends got, I think all around the tacos could use a lot more filler. I look forward to sampling the rest of the menu for the most proper assessment.

But here's where they have you by the cojones. They have horchata. And to our knowledge you can't get it anywhere else. It's the real deal, and it's really good.

No comments: