Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Saturday Brekkie: Zaks, Discovery Bay


Zaks, Discovery Bay

Since this was breakfast with my mostly Aussie GFs, I think calling it brekkie is most appropriate.

I have very little experience with Discovery Bay, only having been once before for a baby shower. It's a 30 minute ferry ride from Central, with a very posh pier to boot. There are many piers in Central, but the one to/fro DB stands out. It obviously caters to gwailos. You are greeted with a beer booth, Ben and Jerry's, plenty of comforts from home including a Circle K with English magazines. I can't remember seeing English magazines in any other Circle K or 7-11 in town.

Yes, I took a boat to breakfast and it was spectacular. Zaks is located on the water, and we sat outside... a great way to start the day.

Everything on the menu sounded good, but as I tell people, if there's avocado on the menu, there's a 99.99% chance I will order that dish. Delish. Breakfast is my favorite!

No comments: